Thursday 27 September 2007

Tasting Notes - Glaymond Cabernet Sauvignon 2005

Yeah I know...probably not meant to champion the cause of Barossa Valley cabernet (hardly classical and all that) but this effort had a certain friendly appeal that I couldn't quite ignore. Densely coloured, almost black with some blood red lightening at the rim. Ripeness is very evident in the aromas with rich berries and aniseed. Mouthfeel is very rich and thick, more ripe aniseed, some plums and tannin to finish. Some shiraz-like notes but that's ok. Just a bit too over-the-top for my tastes but no doubt this has plenty of appeal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tasted the 2004 Glaymond Cab. I have experienced the 2003 Grenache, Tempranilo and Landace. All top wines, but their has been negative comment on 2004 Cab. I can pick it up for $15 on auction. Should I buy it?

Stewart Went said...

I haven't but I had the 2004 shiraz and the GSM and I thought the latter, in particular, was a fantastic wine. I also think the 2005s are not as good as the 2004s across the house. The Cab is a high $20's priced wine so a punt at $15 would be worth a go.